BMW Learnerships Apprentice Programme 2023 -2024
Bayerische Motoren Werke (Bavarian Motor Works), more commonly known as?BMW, is a German automobile, motorcycle, and engine manufacturing company founded in 1916. BMWs have been assembled in South Africa since 1968, initially at Praetor Monteerders’ plant in Rosslyn, near Pretoria, until BMW bought it out in 1975 after which it became BMW South Africa, the first wholly owned subsidiary of BMW to be established outside Germany. They offer a variety of programs to talented individuals, one of these are BMW Learnerships.
Mindful of the government?s desire to address the Skills shortages, unemployment, and poverty within the country via its National Skills Development Strategy, BMW buys into this idea?by focusing on Training and Development of its own staff as well as offering various bursaries and learnerships every year.
BMW?s training and Development initiatives significantly contribute to employment equity by developing skills at all levels. The company actively supports mechatronics, atomtronics, engineering and logistics learnerships, which is open to those with the necessary qualification.
BMW?learnerships consist of theoretical and practical training and afford the learner the opportunity to learn the skills and gain the knowledge, acceptable workplace behavior and attitude that is required in the workplace.
The BMW Apprentice Level 1 Learnership
This is outcomes-based learning, and the learnership is based on a legally binding contract between the learner, the employer, and the service provider.
BMW Learnership Requirements
There are certain requirements for being accepted into this BMW learnership:
- All applicants must be a South African citizen
- You must be in possession of a Standard 10/Grade 12 Certificate, or be in possession of a Further Education and Training Certificate NQF (Level 4) with a pass rate in Mathematics and Science
- Applicants must be in possession of a driver?s license
- You must be computer literate in Office Suite
- A tertiary technical qualification would be advantageous
- Technical motor industry experience would be useful
- Attend BMW SA Apprentice 1st?level training course
- Ensure proper administration of workshop documents and parts are collected
- Responsible for visual (exterior) vehicle inspection within the workshop
- Responsible for visual (interior) vehicle inspection within the workshop
Each individual learnership offered by BMW will state the dealership that is offering the apprenticeship, e.g. in the Sandton area in Johannesburg. Training will take place at this dealership, and you will be responsible for all your own expenses such as relocation, transport, and accommodation; it is therefore in your best interests to ensure that you take a position close to where you live.
Once you have completed the BMW SA Apprentice learnership programme, you will become a qualified BMW Technician.
BMW Learnership Application Process
In order to apply for the BMW SA Apprentice learnership programme, you must complete an application form in your own handwriting.
- You can apply online here
- Should the above link NOT work, please access the?main site and look for the learnership for which you wish to apply
- When applying for the learnership make sure that you specify the learnership post that you are applying for (e.g. BMW SA Apprentice learnership programme, Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa)
- Make sure that you sign the application form yourself
- Attach certified copies of all of your ?certificates and of your Identity Document (these copies must have been certified within the last 3 months – you can get this done at any Police Station)
- Application forms that are late or unsigned will not be accepted
- Photocopied forms will not be accepted
BMW Learnership Information
As different BMW Dealerships offer learnerships at different times but usually close during August, applications for the above BMW learnership may already have closed. More may open later in the year, or early in the new year. You can keep checking whether there are learnerships open for application yet by checking the local newspapers