EMERGENCY CONTROL CENTRE AGENT (CALL TAKERS)
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference No: EMCCA-WC/2021 (V2)
Location: Western Cape
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Minimum educational qualification:
Senior (or equivalent) Certificate. Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Appropriate experience within an Emergency/ Medical Call-Centre environment.
Inherent Requirement of the job:
- Ability to work shifts as per roster. Willingness to work overtime when necessary
- Communicate effectively in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape. A third language will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of GEMC/CAD computer-aided dispatching system.
Duties (key Result Areas/Outputs)
- Receiving and capturing incoming emergency calls on GEMC data system.
- Manage caller anxiety and stress. Interrogate the call and assess the nature and priority of the case.
- Dispatch the relevant emergency resources via radio as required.
- Monitor and control the progress of all emergency incidents.
- Maintain order and hygiene in the control room.
- Ms AJ Ruiters, tel.no. (021) 944-9225/9228/9237
Instructions to Applicants:
- The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.
- No late posted, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. Excess personnel will receive preference. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
- As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.
- R 173 703 per annum
NOTICE TO ALL
Candidates may be subjected to a competency test. No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. As directed by the Department of Public Service and Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records and previous employment.
It will be expected of candidates to be conversant in at least two of the official languages (English/Afrikaans/Xhosa) of the Western Cape.
It will be expected of shortlisted candidates to be:
available at the venue on the time and date as determined by the Department and
bring along recently (not older than 6 months) certified copies of your Identity Document (ID), driver’s license (if applicable for the post), qualification, and/or proof of registration at the relevant statutory body. Failure to adhere to the aforementioned may lead to his/her application being disqualified and not further considered